Thursday, January 6, 2011

And Still Waiting

Today is my fourth day out. 

First day down to Jacksonville, Florida.  Dropped our load and picked up an empty trailer.  The trailer was bad so off to the TA shop we go.  After many back and forth conversations with company they completed the work and we hit the road.  It seems that it really is important to the company that we have air bags that aren't dry rotted and brakes that function. 

We are now DOT compliant and ready to hit the road. 

Got the dispatch to pick up a load at Snapple while we were still in the shop, so they had to give it to another driver.  Guess what?  They forgot to cancel us and assign another load. 

I reckon that I am learning the bad stuff first and maybe that is good.  I didn't have on rose tinted glasses anyway.  The weather in Florida is warm, sunny and a little breeze. 

It's a shame I didn't bring a lounge chair and sunscreen

No comments:

Post a Comment